MEET YOUR HOT AIR BALLOON PILOT
John Ross has been around balloons since 1992 and has been a certificated pilot since 2001, He attained his commercial pilot rating in 2003. He has participated in many balloon festivals. Some are listed below:
- Albuquerque International Balloon Festival – Albuquerque, NM
- Festivale de Montgolfiers in Quebec, Canada
- Festival de Globos in Leon Mexico
- Stoweflake Hot Air Balloon Festival in Stowe, VT
- Wausau Hot Air Festival in Wausau, WI
- Great Hamburger & Balloon Festival in Seymour, WI
- Monument Valley Balloon Festival – Utah
- Page – Lake Powell – Arizona Balloon Festival
During these past fourteen years, he has also flown in Europe, Canada, Mexico and throughout the USA. He enjoys the meeting of new people and seeing the joy in their eyes when they see the balloons inflate and fly away. John really enjoys sharing the sport of Hot Air Ballooning.
He is currently flying his third balloon in the area. Along with his friends in the Fox Valley Balloon Group, they enjoy painting the skies over the valley with colors and shapes, as well as warming up the crowds in the years past at our Appleton Christmas parade with the sights and sounds of ten balloon burners lighting up the evening.
John is a retired Chief Petty Officer -United State Navy, as well as he also retired from Fox Valley Technical College, where he taught in the IT department. He has been a member of our valley community for more than twenty nine years.